FOCUS is an award-winning UK market leader consultancy of project managers, chartered surveyors, regeneration, economic development and environmental sustainability professionals with offices in Nottingham, London, Leicester, Newark and Lincolnshire. In London we have high profile culture and heritage clients, including household names such as the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Science Museum, and help these develop and deliver new and exciting projects. Our reach extends to the South coast where we led the recently completed £44m redevelopment of Devonshire Park for Eastbourne Borough Council.
Our growing Waterloo office needs a friendly, professional Administrator to undertake general office duties, with the longer- term opportunity to mould and grow the role as the team develops. We require someone conscientious, reliable, and with excellent communication skills who can demonstrate driven proactivity and a desire to progress as the team flourishes and expands. You need to be a capable and confident, using your initiative to solve problems whilst multitasking to keep everything running smoothly. Of particular interest to us is attention to detail and a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Packages for document production. You may have office administration or customer service experience, but more important to us will be your ability to learn quickly in role. This is a position with real potential to acquire greater skills and responsibilities.
A significant part of the role will comprise processing and formatting documents: instructions, letters, reports, presentations, tenders and all documentation generated by professional staff to a high standard. Further duties may include:
- the effective operation of the Focus London office
- telephone and face to face contact – being the voice and face of Focus London
- nurturing links with key clients through a personalised service
- processing incoming and outgoing mail
- input into marketing materials, project summaries, and newsletters
- input into pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders
- keeping the office clean and tidy
- maintaining stationery, consumables and general office supplies
- managing filing and archive systems (electronic and hard copies)
- health and safety support, including monthly workplace risk assessments
- input into certification to ISO 9001 Quality Assurance, ISO 14001 Environmental System
- First Aider / Fire Warden duties – training will be provided.
This list is not exhaustive; you will be requested to support the wider team in general with administrative duties.
In return we offer you a place in a strong, busy team, high profile projects, a varied workload, a structured career path and opportunities to learn. You will help develop the London office, shaping your own career in a stimulating environment, whilst enjoying a competitive salary (up to £22k per annum) with an annual bonus and quality pension. Full time hours will be 37.5 hours, and you will be based in our office in Waterloo.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the subject line of your email: Application for Administrator London
Applications to be received by 9am 13th January 2020
Interviews anticipated to be held on Friday 31st January 2020
Focus Consultants is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.