We are looking for an experienced Consultant to be based at our Nottingham Office (but with a mix of office and home working), to work within our Cultural Services or Economic Development team.
We are looking for motivated professionals, with practical post degree experience in heritage, arts, cultural or economic development, to work with clients to develop strategies and projects from first principles to final product. Work includes options appraisals, feasibility studies, funding strategies, funding bids, needs analysis, research projects, consultation, business plans, economic impact assessments and project appraisal.
The successful applicant will be expected to lead projects and be the main client contact on a range of cultural, heritage, arts and economic development projects and, depending on experience, may also be expected to oversee a portfolio of projects being managed by other members of the team.
Specific duties will include:
- Production of high-quality reports to tight deadlines
- Preparation of tenders and attending interviews
- Project managing and supporting Funding, Research, Cultural and Economic Development consultancy commissions
- Preparation of business case’s / business plans
- Presentation of research findings to clients
- Reviewing of strategy and policy documents
- Managing and undertaking community consultation / focus groups / workshops
- Carrying out demand and supply audits
- Conducting needs analyses
- Undertaking primary and secondary research to support project development
- Undertaking audience development work
- Delivering project and programme evaluations
- Interpretation and analysis of research findings
- Developing funding strategies
- Writing funding bids for a wide variety of programmes
- Information and resource management
- Liaison and partnership working across the Cultural Services and Economic Regeneration Teams and the rest of the wider Focus business on joint opportunities.
What We Offer:
- A different approach and a varied workload
- Stimulating non-traditional working environment
- Opportunities to work across the various discipline boundaries within the Focus organisation
- Structured career path
- Enviable record in successfully mentoring candidates through Professional Qualifications.
- Commitment to support candidate to further study
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
The key qualities that we expect of our staff are:
- Practical experience of heritage, arts, culture and regeneration in a public or private sector environment
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to manage a busy workload within a small dedicated team
- The ability to manage projects in challenging operational environments
- Excellent Client facing skills and ability to secure repeat work through first class service provision and high levels of Client satisfaction
- IT literate.
Other qualities that we value in our staff are: enthusiasm, ambition, good interpersonal skills, willingness to learn and be challenged and the ability to focus on our Clients’ needs.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Focus Consultants 2010 LLP, Focus House, Millennium Way West, Phoenix Park, Nottingham NG8 6AS.
Reference: Application Cultural Services / Economic Development Consultant Nottingham.
Closing Date: Tuesday 22nd December 2020
Focus Consultants is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.