LOCATION: Leicester Office
BENEFITS: 25 days holiday, increasing with service, contributory pension scheme, professional subscriptions paid, training and development opportunities, friendly and collaborative office environment
TYPE: Permanent Full Time
Focus is an independent firm of construction, property, regeneration, and sustainability specialists providing expert skills, solutions and advice in today’s increasingly complex built environment. We now employ a talented workforce of 60 people across our UK offices in in Nottingham, London, Leicester, and Newark. Our services comprise:
CREATE Regeneration, Funding, Business Planning
DELIVER Project Management, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying
ASSESS Sustainable Buildings, Compliance & Planning, Building Physics, On-Site Testing
Focus Consultants, 25 years strong, continues to see growth. The ASSESS team is expanding against a backdrop of increased pressure to address Climate Change. Our established team continues to deliver an excellent, proactive customer service, founded on solid dependable advice. We seek to recruit a either a Graduate or established Sustainability Consultant to join the team.
- Jointly delivering the residential and non-residential energy assessor services
- SAP and SBEM calculations
- Planning statements / energy statements
- Provide expertise in relation to Building Regulations Part L1 and 2 a/b compliance
- Contribute towards environmental assessment methods (Code for Sustainable Homes, Home Quality Mark and BREEAM).
- Enthusiastic, driven and ambitious
- Good interpersonal skills / communicator at all levels
- Keen to learn and be challenged
- Genuinely customer focused.
- Understanding of construction (graduate within a construction discipline) would be an advantage.
- SAP / SBEM software experience and a good understanding of Building Regulations (specifically AD Part L 1 and 2) also desirable.
What We Offer
- A different approach and a varied workload
- Stimulating non-traditional environment in a strong team
- Opportunities to work across the various discipline boundaries
- Structured career path with training and formal qualifications support
- Enviable record in successfully mentoring candidates through the Professional Qualifications
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with age and experience, and discretionary bonus
- High profile projects, project autonomy and ownership.
The role should help develop the skills of the successful candidate, broadening their understanding with within the field of sustainability. As a discipline that continues to grow, the above post represents an exceptional opportunity for the right person to advance their expertise further within the field.
Significant career opportunities exist within the Focus ASSESS Team and across the wider business.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
Please reference the subject line of your email: Application Sustainability Consultant
Applications to be received by 9am 6th January 2020
Interviews anticipated to be held w/c 20th January 2020
Focus Consultants is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.