Devonshire Park is a sports and arts complex founded in the late 19th century hosting an internationally renowned Tennis Centre supported by the Lawn Tennis Association, the Winter Garden, the Devonshire Park Theatre and the Congress Theatre.
The site is architecturally renowned, with two of the theatres being Grade II Listed Buildings and the third Grade II* Listed. It is also highly contemporary with a recent Art Gallery completed to great acclaim, and major events and conferencing services.
Focus has been retained by Eastbourne Borough Council to project manage the evolution of the next phase of Devonshire Park, with ambitious proposals including:
- renewal of the three theatres to maintain their architectural quality
- replacement of conference and spaces with a new welcome centre
- new tourism and visitor services to make Devonshire Park a premier cultural destination
- new café, bar and restaurant to serve destination visitors and wider markets
- new and improved tennis tournament facilities
Images Credited to Levitt Bernstein
Client: Eastbourne Borough Council
Role: Business Planner, Social and Economic Baseline, Economic Impact Assessment, Project Manager, Contract Administrator, CDM Co-ordinator
Value: £44 Million