Focus was appointed by the Council to provide multidisciplinary team services from RIBA Stage 2 though to handover, specifically:
- Project Management
- Contract Administration
- Architectural / Principal Designer with Darnton B3
- Structural Engineering with the Fullness Partnership
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering with DarntonB3
- Quantity Surveying with Press and Starkey.
The project aimed to refurbish the Leisure Centre to make it fit for purpose for users and staff as well as generate more income from swimming lessons, by:
- Constructing a new extension with services and fit-out to accommodate a new Learning Pool, ground floor café, fully equipment catering kitchen and external seating
- Full refurbishment of the male and female wet changing areas and corridors
- Remodeling and fit out of the first floor for a dance studio and offices
- Replacement of the sports hall flooring and external fire doors.
Focus, working with the Project Team, the Council and Stevenage Leisure Limited Centre operators, developed the scheme to RIBA Stage 3 and lead on a two stage Design and Build tender to appoint Hutton Construction Limited. Following the appointment of Hutton the Architects / Structural Engineers were novated.
During construction, Focus worked closely with Stevenage Leisure, and Hutton Construction, to ensure the Centre remained open to the public, mitigating the impact of the works for users. Overall, the completed project has improved the facilities for future generations, as well as increasing income streams to finance future works.
Client: North Hertfordshire District Council
Role: Project Manager Led Multidisciplinary Team
Value: £3 Million